Thursday, September 20, 2012

...Time Passing...

It has been a whole year since I have posted in my blog.  Winter in the Old Homestead will do things like that to you.  Also, my laptop died.  I spent the spring focused on moving out, though I did plant the garden just in case.  Pumpkins, sunflowers, salad, beets, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, and some flowers.  The beets and cucumbers did really well, though it was difficult to find uses for the beets.  Someone told me that their greens are delicious.  Maybe I planted the wrong kind of beets.
We moved to Washougal in June.  We love it here.  I haven't been able to get back to my garden much, and it has not been thriving under the stingy watering practises of my parents.  It looks sad and weedy, except for the sunflowers.  I may not be doing any serious gardening for a few seasons.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment