Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Sunsets in the valley (CTTWWS)

 Sometimes the wind blew hard enough that I could sing as loud as I wanted.

My siblings and I called my mom a "worry wart."  There was so much that she wouldn't let us do because she worried what might happen.  Until I got near my teen years I wasn't even allowed to go outside without permission.  Every once in a while she would yell my name, just to find out where I was.  It's an eerie sensation, as an adult, to imagine I hear her call me.  

When I started "pushing my boundaries" successfully, I would run up the hill behind our house (barefoot, of course).  I kept at it until I could run to the first peak without stopping.  There was an incredible view from there, facing west.  I probably watched hundreds of sunsets from there.  I felt like royalty, looking down on my little valley, out at the mountains, the colorful light show.  Just me, my dog, the wind, and God.

I miss having that quiet, beautiful place to go and settle my thoughts.  Anywhere I go here, there are people.  Except my closet, and that's a bit cramped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment