Thursday, January 10, 2013

Moving on... Quilting!

I'm feeling much more positive than I did last week.  I'm ready to let go of my emotional attachments to the house and enjoy my duplex with the large front yard and cool neighbors.
So I finished a quilt!  I started it before Thanksgiving, intended as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law, but I got distracted or debilitated by one thing after another until this week.
It's a crazy-quilt, like usual.  Behind each piece of fabric there's a different yard sale/thrift store/really good sale story.  It's flawed, like usual, except THE CORNERS ARE PERFECT!  Hemming is my least favorite part, and my corners usually turn out awful.  Not this time!  I'm sending it to my brother-in-law anyway, even though it's a month or so late for Christmas.  He was on my mind when i created it, so it must go to him.  Once I finish a quilt I'm anxious to get it out of my sight.  All I can see are the off-center batting, crooked seams, marks that crept onto the fabric during production, and over all ridiculousness of the design.  I can only hope that it will warm someone somewhere, even if it gets donated to a homeless shelter.
Hurrah for making something!

No comments:

Post a Comment