Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's a Christmas tree! No, it's a Hanukkah bush! No, it's...

...A bunch of branches tied together and decorated.  Totally Pinterest worthy, am I right??  Our 5-acre estate lacks Christmas-sized trees.  There are a few tiny saplings, and a grove of late-adolescent firs (20-30 ft high).  Since spending money on a cultivated tree is almost as abominable to me as putting up an artificial tree, I whipped up this little beauty out of branches cut from the teenage trees (builds character) and some wire I found.  My kids haven't complained.  I love those kids!  They don't even notice their mother is a nutjob.  I'm sure they would rather have $10 worth of more presents than $10 worth of nicer tree, if they thought about it.
Take that, pagan tradition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment