Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Confessions of a Garage Sale Snob

(DISCLAIMER:  This is a work of [partial] fiction.  Please don't be offended.  Some of my favorite people live in trailer courts.)

Have you ever bought something at a garage sale that was TOTALLY GORGEOUS and you ABSOLUTELY loved it? (Like a set of plates, in my case.)  Then you go look it up on the internet to see how many hundreds of dollars it would cost new, only to find that it came from WALMART?!?!
Major let-down!  Can anything good come from Walmart?
OH WOW I FEEL TRASHY.
That's what I get for going to a garage sale within 1/4 mile of a trailer court.


A friend asked me a deep question the other day.
"Since you're such a thrifty snob, where would you shop if you suddenly had a million dollars?"
I had to think a while about this.  Then I realized, I don't know!  I've only memorized all the department store brands so I would know which ones NOT to buy at garage sales.  So I basically only buy brands that I don't recognize.  And the Gap.  Everyone knows that the Gap is upscale, though I don't know how I know, since I've never set foot in one of their stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment