Saturday, February 5, 2011

Artsy shelf

I painted a shelf, and gave it to my sister for Christmas. My husband suggested i put pictures of it on the internet.
I didn't just paint, i let my creativity flow freely through a brush onto the facets of the shelf. The resulting shapes were surprising.

It felt so good to use this part of my brain recreationally for a while. Most of the time, the creative part of my brain is working full tilt at predicting ways my children are going to get themselves killed in their current surroundings.

Speaking of my kids, they helped paint. A did the side facing you in the picture above, except for the footprints. I used S for those. I was very impressed with D's work, the purpleness you see below:What magnificent shading. I painted most of what you see on the inside of the shelf. My sister seems to like it. I was going to give her a wallhanging, but it turned out badly so i gave it to my sister-in-law in Utah, so i wouldn't have to see it again for a long time. Should i post a picture of that, too?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the wall hanging that turned out badly. I really like it. It hangs in my room.

    ReplyDelete