Saturday, February 5, 2011

Painting the Hood over the Range

Last summer i painted our kitchen cabinets. The floor still looked disgusting. Last week we got new flooring in our kitchen/dining room. That made the walls look ugly. I painted the walls. That made the window/doorway trim look ugly. I painted the whiny needy trims. THANK GOODNESS the ceiling fits in, clean and white. The only other unmodified surfaces left in the kitchen were the counter top, the built-in corner cabinet, and the hood over the stove. I haven't decided what to do with the built-in yet, and the counter tops aren't hideous. I tackled the hood yesterday.












It used to be a dirty off-white. I introduced it to a bottle of 'chrome' Rustoleum. The bottle reminded me how bad i am at spray painting. I blamed the bottle for having a leak. There's now an area of our new floor, next to the stove, that is shinier than the rest.
The result doesn't exactly look professional, but i think it's an obvious improvement. And it's shiny. How can you go wrong with shiny?
Don't answer that.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, going chrome with the hood! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the paint didn't stay on very well. I should have put some kind of clear coat over it.

    ReplyDelete